Proverbs 19:20, 21
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
That is the least original way I could think of to start the January newsletter article. Now, I want to propose some (hopefully) more original ideas for 2023. Maybe you’ve already thought about these things, or maybe you’ve given up on using the new year as a starting point for personal improvement. Either way, consider the following:
1. There is no “this time only” time for getting closer to the Lord. New Year’s is great, but also sometimes we must make a “new hour’s” resolution, every hour…or minute…if necessary.
2. Failure does not mean defeat- it means lessons learned and new strategies applied to make progress.
3. Get your counsel from God. His direction is primary and indispensable. Study the scriptures, and ask questions of committed, maturing Christians. Above all, count on the Holy Spirit to be your guide through the wisdom of God’s Word (1 Corinthians 2:10-16).
4. Pray. When you’re done, pray some more (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Maintain an attitude of immediate access to God, wherever, whenever, whatever is happening.
5. Look for- and look forward to- what God is doing. You know, “God sightings.” Many believers do not expect God to be active in their lives and experiences- yet we should! Being a “person of faith” implies that you walk confidently with Him. Keep that as your mindset.
We have a lot of good to look forward to in 2023. Also, challenges. Life is not static, and ours is wrapped up in the Savior we serve (Galatians 2:20).
Copyright © 2023 Cornerstone Christian Church - All Rights Reserved.